Friday, September 2, 2022

REWATCH: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun [1985]

We have a bad movie first here people: an accidental rewatch.

We rolled a d10 and got this one from our Book Barn stack not realizing that we actually watched it back in 2014. I only just now realized it because when I entered the title into the tag section, I realized we already have a tag for the movie. 

Were the signs there? Only sort of. Sarah realized very quickly that she had seen it before but being that we were all born in the 80s, we assumed it was some kind of childhood memory thing like Kay's love of Teen Witch and Adam's affinity for Mother Goose's Rock n Rhyme. Later on when Shannon Doherty's character said the line, ""You think I'm punk?! That's not as cool as new wave but it's better than preteen!" I felt extremely strong deja vu. I basically wrote it off as having seen a clip of it somewhere.

So, oops? I'll just link to my original review because frankly I'm hilarious and don't want to try to write a new one.  

Have a bunch of pictures of Helen's Hunt cranium accessories. 

Spoon Rating: 2*
*It's a low spoon rating because we honestly laughed at a lot of the actual jokes. It wasn't a bad film. Maybe like 2.5/5 stars but obviously pretty forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment