Monday, November 28, 2022

Killpoint [1984]

Gonna be honest here: I definitely watched this movie and I definitely don't know what it's about. Some guy named Night Hawk stole guns? Some guy named Marx killed a prostitute? I literally couldn't follow it and even the Wikipedia summary is only two sentences long. And that's not because it's badly written (but it is). It's because every once in a while an absolutely wild scene would happen and I would forget everything else that happened before it. Most of those scenes involved Cameron Mitchell talking to or about his tiny black poodle who mysteriously disappears 3/4 of the way through the movie. Some of them were just scenes of Leo Fong, staring dead eyed into the camera, not a trace of acting attempt made. There were some moments of downtime and some lengthy, very poorly choreographed fight scenes, but ultimately the crazy energy of this movie was pretty consistent throughout. I liked it, but I already don't remember it.

Spoon Rating: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment