Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Foodfight! [2012]

[Cross-posted on the Bad Movie Night Facebook page.]

Sometimes an animated movie doesn't need to be a Pixar rip-off or full of aggressively topical pop culture jokes that are over kid's heads to be utterly unwatchable. Enter "Foodfight!", a kid's movie about a bunch of brand mascots in a supermarket trying to fight against a new brand taking over and forcing them out. This film somehow took ten years to make and still has graphics from an era many years before "Toy Story" came and changed everything. Even the voice actors feel like they are from a previous era including the likes of Charlie Sheen, Wayne Brady. Hilary Duff, and Eva Longoria. But don't think it's just the terrifying dead eyes of the characters and their grotesque faces that make it an eye-averting experience. There's plenty of racial stereotypes and fart jokes to go around. Not to mention every other line of the movie is a pun and I think that's a modest estimate. Oh, and there's repeated references to "Casablanca" (for the parents?). And Christopher Lloyd playing the bad guy who has crazy eyes and is clearly the Minister of Silly Walks.

Sometimes the line between children's movie and fetish film can be rather thin. There's leather and fishnet clad Nazi-esque characters, some rather compromising positions and don't forget the questionable jokes. Here are just some of the sexual jokes made by the characters:
  • "Nice packaging"
  • "All the girls want my chocolate frosting."
  • "You love my raisins."
  • "Wanna lick?"
  • "It isn't my fault that you have inferior packaging."
  • "You've been through the wash plenty."
  • "I could kill you. That would be fun . . . more fun than a spanking!"
  • "How about joining me in a warm rinse?" "I'm not that dirty."
  • "I wanna scrub your bubbles."
  • "I never got a chance to play lick the icing with Sweetcakes."
  • "Soon I'll have you begging for mercy."
  • "Gum up her works!"
  • "We'll see who rolls over, baby."
  • "I'm gonna pop your corn, lady."
  • "On your knees, dog."
  • "Size only counts for men."
  • "Are those melons real?"
Best Line: "But enough about me, let's kill you."

Adam's Grandma's Review: "Different."

No comments:

Post a Comment